We have the recording of our 2023 Fall Meeting morning session posted to YouTube. If you would like to rewatch it, click here.
- All four proposed bylaw amendments were passed by the membership during the Special Business Meeting. The changes are:
- Dues will be set by the Board of Directors annually going forward by January 1st, applicable for April 1st to March 31st. The student discount is now applicable to any student taking 6 or more credit hours per semester, and the discount has been increased to 75% off of the Professional dues rate.
- Failure to pay membership dues by 90 days after April 1 (which will be June 30th) will result in the member being dropped from the roster. This changes from the start of the annual membership meeting, which was never held on the same date.
- The Board of Directors has framework to temporarily reduce or eliminate dues for future emergencies that would cause a hardship on members, along with how those reductions or eliminations will end.
- The Strategic Operations Committee is now upgraded to Standing Committee status. This committee had existed as a Special Committee for roughly two years.
- WVAGP released the logo and branding for the 2024 WV GeoCon. The branding is shown in the recording, and will be distributed in the next mass email.
- The WV State GIS Steering Committee had its first gathering as new GIS Coordinator, Taryn Moser, wanted to get feedback on how to best proceed with the Steering Committee, Policy Board, and Strategic Plan.
We hope to see you in May 2024 for WV GeoCon!