December 17, 2018 & December 19, 2018
: GIS Foundations 1, 2, 3 (3 Day Training)
: 08.30 AM
to 05.00 PM
: Beckley, WV
- GIS Foundations I: Introduction to GIS - This course is designed to introduce the fundamental concepts of geographic information systems, demonstrate their use and value, and provide practical skills which can be directly applied to the work environment.
- Prerequisite: Students are strongly encouraged to have basic computer operations knowledge, file management etc.
- GIS Foundations II: GIS Basics - This course is designed to provide an overview of the basic building components for an effective and useful GIS. The course focuses on best practices for building a functioning GIS topics cover databases and tables, querying and selection processes, basic analysis tools, and the basics of editing.
- Prerequisite: Students are strongly encouraged to have basic GIS skills, or the GIS Foundations I course.
- GIS Foundations III: Advanced Editing - This course is designed to introduce the geodatabase structure and tools used to create and edit it. This course also introduces editing using topology.
- Prerequisite: Students are strongly encouraged to have experience using GIS.